Lindenwood Retirement Living is located in Winnipeg’s community of Lindenwoods.
Lindenwood Manor is comprised of 135 suites and Lindenwood Terrace of 79 suites. Both offer a variety of common areas, two meals per day, weekly housekeeping and planned holistic recreation programs.
Lindenwood is committed to offering quality services at the most affordable rates possible.
“As soon as I entered the front door for the first time, I felt I was at home. I have never met such a kind group of people, in the dining room, hallways and especially Home Care Staff. I introduced myself to people when I moved in and unfortunately, ended up in the hospital soon after I arrived. When I came back seven weeks later, no one had forgotten my name and many of them greeted me with a hug. When I am at meals, I notice how many of the people bow their heads to say grace, it’s so beautiful. I could not be more content.”
Community & Features
Both Lindenwood Manor and Lindenwood Terrace are designed to meet the housing and care needs of seniors while also promoting and enhancing independent and healthy living in a caring Christian community.
- Conveniently located close to commercial services and on a public transportation route.
- Spacious one- and two-bedroom suites with kitchenettes, private bathrooms and balconies.
- Entire building, including suites, fully accessible for mobility impaired.
- Spacious and elegant central dining room with fireplace.
- Private dining room for special occasions.
- Games room, Library, Exercise room, Art Studio, Chapel and Sunrooms.
- Two large multi-purpose rooms for activities.
- Individually controlled heat and air conditioning in all suites.
- Includes full cable package.
- Private guest suites for visitors.
- Smoke-free, pet-free environment.
- Two meals (lunch and dinner) served each day in central dining room by our friendly and courteous staff.
- Coffee/tea/drinks available all day (snack in the afternoon).
- Weekly housekeeping and daily garbage collection/resident check.
- All maintenance and repairs.
- On-site management.
- 24-hour Resident Attendant services.
- Planned social/recreation activities and excursions. (learn more).
- Spiritual Care services include weekly church service, bible study and more.
- Planned health and wellness programs.
- Resident Care services.
- Laboratory Services (blood work).
- Pharmacy Clinics.
- Hearing Clinician.
- Banking service on-site.
We are proud to offer an array of wellness programs that are designed to enhance or maintain health and functional abilities, independence and quality of life. These are based on resident needs.
The programming we offer includes our own in-house Resident Care program, Spiritual Care, Recreation and Health Resource supports.
“Caring staff that are interested in the individual.”
The Dining Room is a great place to visit with family, other residents and new friends (and of course the place to come when you are hungry and thirsty)!
Importance of Food
Food Service is always working hard to improve and change all services we are responsible for, as it is our goal to have your dining experience be a positive one.
We offer 4 meal choices at lunch (including mix ‘n matching), 2 meal choices at supper (including mix ‘n matching), monthly birthday parties, catered events, private dining room, published menus and much more.
“I have traveled to five continents and found the best food is right here at the Terrace. Seven days a week!”
Health Resource Coordinator
The Health Resource Coordinator (HRC) positions are responsible for the assessment and evaluation of health needs for residents living at Lindenwood Manor and Terrace. The HRC informs residents and their families about resources available to them from both internal and external sources.
A main focus of the position is to foster aging in place. The HRC conducts intake meetings for potential new residents, calls families when residents are in hospital, writes articles for the onsite newsletter, visits residents in their suites, organizes and runs the flu shot clinic along with many other duties.
The HRC job is to offer suggestions on how to make daily living easier for our residents so they are able to remain in their home as long as possible.
Resident Care Program
The Resident Care program was developed as a pilot project in conjunction with the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA) to bring home care services to our residents.
We are funded by the WRHA however we hire, train and schedule our own health care aides. The benefit of this program to our residents is consistent, individual care. Our health care aides truly care about our residents and therefore are able to provide exceptional care.
We have a Resident Care Director onsite who fields all questions regarding resident care services giving our residents a place to go and a person to see when they wish to discuss their care needs.
We believe we need to stay curious, keep exploring and learning new things.
Our Recreation programming is unique, as we offer a variety of programs to meet individual and group interests, abilities and desires.
The programs are holistic. Entertainment, exercises, art courses, games, movie nights, guest speakers and more are all part of our daily life here.
Spiritual Care Services
As a faith-based facility, Lindenwood Manor and Terrace are committed to care for the whole person.
We acknowledge the challenges of this unique stage of life, and we desire to offer companionship, compassion and support to each individual.
“There is a family atmosphere in our place. Loving and caring for each other.”